Municipal Council/Sangguniang Bayan
The Sangguniang Bayan, as the legislative body, is mandated by law to enact ordinances, approve resolutions, appropriate funds for the general welfare of municipality and its people and carry out other legislative measures that are in harmony with the aspirations of Magdalenians.
AGENDA PREPARATION AND PRODUCTION
Involves the preparation of agenda and other documents necessary for the efficient and orderly conduct of every session conducted once every week or as need arises.
DOCUMENTATION AND MINUTES PRODUCTION
Involves the preparation of all official documents of the City Council which invariably are the products or outputs of each sessions conducted.
The Sangguniang Bayan Secretariat provides administrative services to the Sangguniang Bayan which includes, but not limited to, records management, personnel management, provision of office supplies as well as the publication and posting of notices of public hearing, meetings, enacted ordinances and approved resolutions.
Provision of equipment and other logistics requirements of the respective Municipal Councilor, the session hall and meeting rooms.
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
Aside from the mainstream activities and responsibilities, the SP Secretariat Office also handles and implements some so-called special projects and activities which may be assigned to the office from time to time.
Preparation of People’s Request for Copies of Enacted Ordinance and
· Provides photocopies of resolution/ordinance upon request.
· Passing of resolution, enactment of ordinance and appropriation of Funds for the Municipal Welfare
REQUEST FOR PHOTOCOPY OF RESOLUTION OR ORDINANCE
*may vary on the availability/working condition of the photocopy machine
LEGISLATIVE PROCESS FLOWCHART
(How a Proposal become an Ordinance)
1. Filing of proposal.
2. The Presiding Officer will read the and author/s, assign number and refer the proposal to the appropriate council committee during its First reading. (Period: 1 session).
3. Proposal will undergo committee meeting/s or public hearing/s.
4. The chairperson of the concerned committee will render their committee report regarding the proposal. (Period: 1 session) proposal will be calendared for Second Reading (if appropriate).
5. Proposal will undergo interpellation/rebuttal/amendments during Second Reading.
6. Proposal will be confirmed during Third Reading.
7. Enacted ordinance/approved resolution will be signed by the Vice Mayor and forwarded to the Mayor’s Office.
8. Mayor will sign it into law or vetoes and send it back to the Sangguniang Bayan.